5388 - 5863 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Trimmed to the borderline; paper remnants in corners on verso sl. shining through.
= New Hollstein 14, the 3rd state (of 4), before the Basan edition. With collector's mark of J.D. Böhm (Lugt 271) and another mark both on verso.
- Ample margins.
= Hollstein 59, 2nd state (of 3). Part of a series of 6 Landscapes (Hollstein 59-64).
AND 7 others by the same: Hollstein 15 (3rd state, browned), 48 (1st and only state, prob. later impr.), 49 (2nd state of 2, prob. later impr.), 57 (3rd state of 3), 75 (1st and only state, weak impression from a worn plate), 111 (3rd or 4th state of 4 but without the number, various defects), 119 (2nd state of 2, poor copy).
- Trimmed on the platemark.
= On laid paper with bunch of grapes watermark. Hollstein 127, the 2nd state (of 2).
- First print w. a few sm. foxed spots.
= New Hollstein 7 (2nd state of 2) and 13 (4th state of 4).
AND 2 others by the same from the same series of Landscapes (New Hollstein 14 and 18, both the fourth state (of 4)).
- Both w. ample margins; first print w. sm. vertical crease.
= New Hollstein 8 (3rd state (of 3)) and 16 (2nd state (of 3)).
- Impression w. broad margins; watermark unidentified.
= New Hollstein 72, the first and only state.
- Upper corners re-attached; trimmed just outside the borderline.
= New Hollstein 33, the 4th state (of 4). With collector's mark of Th. Graf (Lugt 1092a) on verso.
- Trimmed just outside/ on the borderline (upper margin partly just inside the borderline); sm. restoration in upper corners; vaguely foxed in the sky; verso w. remnants of former mounting.
= New Hollstein 92, 3rd state (of 3), the Basan edition.
- Trimmed on/ just outside the platemark. Good impression on 17th cent. paper.
= New Hollstein 57, 3rd state (of 4). With the collector's stamp of Camerlyn on verso (Lugt 514) and 2 unidentified marks.
- Sl. foxing, January worse; June and August browned.
= Hollstein, Molyn 19-30, only state. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCI.
= Laanstra p.170, cat.nr. E/48-I. By J. Weissenbruch, R. Craeyvanger, J.A. van der Drift and L. Hardenberg.
- Tipped onto mount; sl. yellowed; former passepartout visible.
ADDED: 2 others, i.a. an engr. view on a harbour, publ. by N. VISSCHER.
- Tiny dam. spot in image. = Kennedy, 3th state (of 3), with the added title.
- Ample margins; paper strip attached on verso upper margin.
= From the series The three laws governing the three ages of the world. Hollstein 1151; Mauqouy-Hendrickx 1514, 2nd state of 5. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXII.
- On paper with watermark of French lily in coat of arms.
= Wurzbach 4; rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE XCII.
- Two closed tears in left margin (1x two centimeters into image).
Voyez, F. (1746-1805). "La jeune bergère". Engraving after BOUCHER, 43x28,3 cm., w. engr. caption, verses and address ("A Paris chez Beauvarlet") below image.