5388 - 5863 FINE ARTS - GRAPHIC ART, 16th-19th CENTURY
- Two tiny wormholes (1x closed); tipped onto mount at four corners.
AND another portrait.
= From a series of 4 prints after J. RUYSDAEL.
AND 13 other etchings, mostly landscapes or views, i.a. by HERMANUS VAN BRUSSEL and HERMANUS FOCK.
- Foxed; sl. creased.
AND ±15 other prints.
- The second print with various restorations.
= New Hollstein (Galle) 95, 2nd state of 3 and 101, 1st state of 2; New Hollstein (Heemskerck) 228 and 234. From a series of 10 prints on the history of David.
AND 3 other similar prints after the same.
= Hollstein 9, 3rd state of 4.
AND 2 others: an etching showing 2 dogs by JAN FIJT (Hollstein 12, 3rd state of 6, image sl. cut short in lower part) and an etching of animals by GOVAERT VAN DER LEEUW (Hollstein 11).
- Sm. stain in image and some repaired spots in upper blank margin, otherwise fine.
= Paulson 193, 4th and final state.
- Sl. foxed/ yellowed, especially blank margins; vague oblique fold in right corner; paper tape in upper blank margin.
= Paulsen 204, probably the 7th and final state.
- Lacks the title-p.; contents loose(ning); sl. yellowed throughout; most leaves waterstained in blank upper margin (just a few times touching the plate); a few text leaves dam./ frayed. Sold as a collection of prints.
= Incl. one duplicate plate. Contains all the famous series of Hogarth's prints. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVIII.
- Sl. yellowed. Upper and lower left corner tipped onto mount.
= Pennington 1214, the 1st state (of 2), before the addition of "buyten Brussel" in lower margin.
= Pennington 731, 2nd state (of 2).
- No. 22 (Zuyder Zee) trimmed to the borderline; no. 24 (Sea scene) sm. inkstain in lower left corner.
= Pennington 715-718.
= Pennington 839, 2nd state of 2.
AND 1 other by the same from the same series: "Op de Maese" (Pennington 863, 2nd state of 3. Yelllowed).
= Pennington 839, 2nd state of 2.
Galle, P. (1537-1612). The birth of Adonis. Engraving after A. BLOCKLANT, 22,6x30,8 cm., engr. captions and below.
- Vague foxing; a few repaired tears/ spots (w. loss of image). = New Hollstein 400.
- Vague brown stains in the corners. = Pennington 729, 1st state of 2.
AND 2 others, i.a. a view of Loenersloot by D. MEISNER.
= Very rare. Only 14 known prints by this artist. Probably part of a series, cf. Mick 51.
= From Schouwburg der Nederlandse Verandering (Amst., 1674). Hollstein 103-108; Landwehr 38; F.M. 2518-3.
AND 14 others by the same, i.a. 4 plates from Spiegel van Staat des Vereeenigde Nederlands (1706-1707) and "Het beest van Babel is aan't vluchten; De Godsdienst heef niet meer te duchten" (under pseudonym of Gisling Geneve, F.M. 2776).
- Chipped/ sl. worn along outer edges. = Title supplied on verso.
AND 3 other early 20th century drawings of horses by i.a. K. HEINSIUS.
- Partly soiled and w. stains, mostly in margins.
= Hollstein 77-117. I.a. Vergankelijkheid, Bloemelust, Apolloos Borstbeeld.
AND 3 sm. others by the same.
- Sl. soiled. = Cf. Portalis & Beraldi p. 436f. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXXVIII.
Idem (after). ("Differens airs en 30  Têtes de Mr de Voltaire calquèes sur les Tableaux de Mr. Huber"). Etching, 30,5x27 cm., "aparu chez Naudet(?) 1789" in the plate. Idem (after). ("Differens airs en 30  Têtes de Mr de Voltaire calquèes sur les Tableaux de Mr. Huber"). Etching, 30x27 cm.
- Both prints sl. frayed; 2nd print unevenly browned and sl. foxed.
= Curious copies with very similar composition and heads, but also different heads. Very rare.
Idem (after). "Airs de Tête de Mr. de Vre calquées sur les tableaux de Mr. Huber". Etching, 18x13,2 cm. (incl. etched title).