4500 - 4776 FINE ARTS - 16th-19th CENTURY DRAWINGS, WATERCOLOURS and PAINTINGS
= With the blindstamped collector's mark of the Florentine Coccapani family or Coccopani brothers (Lugt 2729) and on verso in pen and ink contemporary manuscript collector's mark (?) "Coccopani". Perhaps from the collection of Sigismondo Coccapani (1583-1643) and/ or his brother Giovanni Coccapani (1582-1649). On laid paper with a watermark showing an encircled sun with a face. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXI.
= On 16th century laid paper with watermark showing a double feather or quil with the initial FA and below a C. Perhaps after Polidoro da Caravaggio.
- Soiled; closed hole. = On laid paper with watermark showing a staff topped by a small French lily.
= Several (later?) doodles in pen and ink surrounding the drawing. Monogram "L.S." identified in modern hand as "Lambertus Suavius 1520-1567" on verso (doubtful).
Anonymous (early 18th cent.). (Study of ten women in various costumes). Drawing, pen and ink, 9x14 cm.
- Old horizontal fold (w. small hole); impression faded. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LXV.
- Laid down on modern mount.
= Laid paper with unidentified watermark showing a coat of arms (?) with a cross pattée and a fish(?). Perhaps the prophet Elijah in the fiery chariot.
- A few vague spots.
= With unidentified manuscript collectors mark [B(...) Coll 632) and w. the small collectors mark of D. Desjardijn (not in Lugt) on verso.
- Two attached pieces of paper; tipped onto later paper mount at corners; trifle foxed; a few sm. closed tears.
= On 17th cent. laid paper with a watermark showing a bunch of grapes.
- Trimmed within (occas. on) the framing line. Portion of upper right corner reattached; superficial knife cut (±4 cm.) along lower margin.
= Collector's stamp of J.Pz. Zoomer (1641-1724) in lower right corner recto (Lugt 1511; "Il dirigeait d'importantes ventes publiques dans le grand centre d'art qu'était alors Amsterdam. On l'a souvent donné comme ami de Rembrandt, cependant sans preuve suffisante, cette tradition repose sur une mystification (voir F. Lugt, Wandelingen met Rembrandt, 1915)") and an unidentified collector's stamp "JHV"[?] on verso.
- Some offsetting along edges from passepartout. = With a doubtful attribution to Jacob Ruisdael.
- Mediocre copy with tears and heavy creases.
AND ±15 other drawings, incl. 19th cent. studies of dogs.
- Vague waterstain near left edge; drawing sl. faded; tiny duststains.
= With part of an unidentified collector's mark in lower right corner recto.
= Follower of Aelbert Cuyp.
- Browned; dam./ worn spots near upper edge.
= On verso a small piece of a balance sheet, all in Dutch 17th cent. handwriting.
- Soiled. = On verso the collector's mark of Albert van Loock (Lugt 3751).
= On 16th (?)/ 17th century paper with a watermark showing a coat of arms topped by a cardinal's hat showing a crest with star above three hills. Below the coat of arms the monogram GB or CB.
- Laid down; sm. dam in lower left corner; soiled/ stained at various places.
= Squared in pencil, and possibly part of a larger drawing. With unidentified collector's mark of F. de Wit on verso and on passepartout (Lugt 3383).
- Some old creases/ folds; some small marginal tears. Verso vaguely waterst./ foxed; remains of former mounting.
= In the style of A. Bloemaert.