6163 - 6266 FINE ARTS - FOREIGN TOPOGRAPHY. MAPS, PLANS and VIEWS
= Laor 268.
- Laid down on board; rubbed/ soiled; explanatory caption below cut short; margins painted black; perforated for candelight viewing.
= Rare view. Laor 947.
AND 2 others, i.a. a handcol. engr. optical view of the interior of the Portuguese Synagogue in Amsterdam (laid down on board; sl. worn).
- Folded (as published); a few sm. wormholes in lower blank margin. = Laor 967.
- A few tiny spots in sky area.
- Sl. creased. = Poortman/ Augusteijn 162. The 2nd state (of 3).
"Ierusalem". Engr. plan by J. VAN JAGEN, surrounded by 9 ills. of biblical figures and objects, 30,5x45,5 cm., n.pl., n.publ., ±1748.
- Sl. creased; a few sm. restored spots in margins; partly strengthened on verso.
= Poortman/ Augusteijn 143 KII2.
AND 2 biblical maps of the Holy Land.
= Cf. Poortman/ Augusteijn 186.
"Ierusalem". Engr. plan by J. VAN JAGEN, surrounded by 9 ills. of biblical figures and objects, 29,8x44,5 cm., n.pl., n.publ., ±1748.
- Yellowed; folded; a few tears on folds. = Poortman/ Augusteijn 143 KIII.
AND 3 others, i.a. "De Gelegentheyd van 't Paradys en 't Landt Canaan (...) (engr. map by J. VAN JAGEN, 1748).
- Browned; unobtrusively waterst.
- Strong impression. Left and right margins along border of image sl. waterstained.
= Covering Ukraine and the Baltics in the west and China, Korea, and the Pacific Ocean in the east, centered on Siberia and Independent Tartary; Nova Zembla joined with the mainland. Titled "Tartaria, sive Magni Chami Imperium" at the top.
- Very vaguely waterstained along middle fold and in outer corners; a few false folds.
= Impressive map, extending from the Baltics in the west to the Yenisey River in the north-east. Title in caption above: "Les Estats du Czaar de la Russie Blanche ou Grand Duc de Moscovie (...)".
- Doubled w. contemp. paper; trifle yellowed.
"Scandinavie Septentrionale ou Couronnes du Nord./ Scandinavie Meridionale ou Couronnes du Nord." Two attached engr. maps within engr. dec. border, total size 52x38 cm., 2 cartouches and sm. inset views, Leyden, P. vander Aa, ±1710. - AND 3 others: plans/ views of Uppsala, Vänersborg and Helsingborg.
= Rare plan of the fortress of Komárno, on the Hungarian border at the junction of the Danube and the Váh.
- Very fine.
= Showing Barcelona and the internal political boundaries of Catalunia. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE CXXXVIII.
- All views vagueLY foxed and sl. dustsoiled; all w. sm. stain in outer lower blank margin.
= Plates to E.A.D.M.J. de Las Cases, Mémorial de Sainte-Hélène. Comprises: "Vue de Ste. Hélène et de James-Town prise du mouillage", "Vue de Langwood prise de Balcomb's Cottage", "Vue de la Rare Ste. Hélène, prise de hauteurs derrière Jamestown" and "Vue de la Cascade Briars".
= Schenk's edition of Sanson's map, with the inset map of the western part of the northern coast of Africa.
- Sl. yellowed and creased. = Van der Krogt/ Koeman II, 8110:2.
- Repaired/ strengthened on verso on/ near middle fold and in margins; browned.
= Van der Krogt/ Koeman I, 8110:1A.
- One print w. repaired tear in image. = From the Cabinet du Roi, vol.5,
- A few marginal (closed) tears; lacks marginal part of lower corners; 3 vertical/ 1 horizontal folds.