441 - 665 CHILDREN'S BOOKS (including COMICS, DRAWINGS, GAMES AND TOYS)
- Occas. sl. yellowed. Covers sl. duststained and frontcover rubbed along extremities.
= Rare. Not in the usual reference works.
- Both vols. frontwr. loose(ning). Second vol. contents loose(ning); final textleaf dam./ ceased in margins; lacks backwr.
= Not in the usual bibliographies.
- A few lvs. lack sm. portion or torn; one quire loose; hinges partly weak.
= Warranted by the publisher. Huiskamp A130; The Children's World of Learning 407; Caljé-Van Gulik 6. Huiskamp and The Children's World of Learning w. slightly different pagination of the preliminary pages. The first illustrated Terveen edition, the so-called "Van Alphen met de Hoedjes".
AND 1 other: A. HOOGVLIET, Abraham, de Aartsvader (Rott., 1762, engr. title, contemp. calf w. richly gilt spine).
- Very fine copy.
= With AUTOGRAPH DEDICATION on first free endpaper to "J.R. Thorbecke". The Children's World of Learning 3280; coll. Caljé-Van Gulik 600; Lust en Leering p.112 and p.117-118, i.a. on the importance of this work.
- Paper over frontcover partly loose(ning)/ chipped; mounted schoolprize on backcover.
- Lacks the final plate; several pages (incl. title-p. and plates) sl. soiled and/ or sl. creased; one plate loose; later annot. on title-p. Spine crudely strengthened w. paper, also covering half of both covers.
= According to the preface, this is the second part of an intended series of three volumes, of which only one copy was traced by us: BNK 548.
- (Sl.) foxed. Wr. sl. frayed; spine split
= Nice picture book on the invention of steam, printing, electricity, gunpowder, gas, glass and photography. Lust en Leering p.297.
- One vol. w. glue smudges on a few lvs. Covers sl. soiled/ foxed. = Without text.
AND 4others, i.a. P. LIED, Fotografisch abc boek (Bussum, n.d. (±1940), num. photogr. ills., orig. spiralbound wr.)
- Probably lacks the publisher's introd.; upper hinge sl. weak; lower hinge restored w. paper; occas. trifle foxed. Rebacked w. use of contemp. backstrip; sl. worn along extremities, corners showing.
- A few ills. handcoloured. Spine broken (frontcover and first 2 leaves loose). = Lust en Leering p.62.
Midwinter 1943. Amst., Uitg. Storm, 1943, 119,(3)p., num. (full-p.) (col.) ills., orig. wr., 4to.
- Owner's stamp on p. 1 and 3. Binding sl. rubbed along extremities.
Kerkmeyer-Bakker, J.W. Hannie's poppen. Almelo, W. Hilarius Wzn., n.d. (1910), 37,(1)p., col. lithogr. ills. and orig. boards w. col. lithogr. plate mounted on frontcover.
- Lacks title-p.; hinges weak. Corners and spine-ends worn.
AND 3 others.
- Partly (vaguely) waterst.; sl. foxed. Covers loose(ning) and worn; backstrip worn away; paper over frontcover partly lacking.
= Wegehaupt I, 696; Bilderwelt 246; Seebaß II, 601: "Der Orbis pictus, das Lehrbuch vieler Generationen, das alle Gegenstände des Tägl. Lebens umfaßt, will der Jugend durch das Bild eine Anschauung der ganzen Welt im Buch geben. Die Gailersche Bearbeitung dürfte die umfangreichste u. am meisten geschätzte neuere dieses berühmten Buches sein." Nice ills. depicting professions, animals, plants, engineering, sports, natural phenomena, anatomy, history, ships, etc. The multilingual text was meant for the linguistic education of the children.
- Boards sl. soiled; owner's entry in blue pen on backcover.
Brunhoff, J. de. Les vacances de Zéphir. Ibid., Hachette, 1947, new. ed., (9),10-27,(13)p., orig. clothbacked pict. boards, 4to (crease in frontcover). - AND 3 others, i.a. HERGÉ, Le Crabe Aux Princes d'Or (n.pl., 1947, new ed., col. ills. and orig. pict. boards by HERGÉ, 4to).
= With dedication and ORIGINAL DRAWING of Bessy in black felt tip pen by the artist on verso frontcover.
Laudec and Cauvin. Stefan. Een harde leerschool. Marcinelle, Dupuis, 1990, 48p., col. ills. and orig. wr. by LAUDEC.
= With dedication and ORIGINAL DRAWING of the character Chen in black felt tip pen and blue pencil by the artist on verso frontcover.
AND 9 other comics, all SIGNED, 5x w. sm. drawing, i.a. S. VERWEY, Ziet er verdacht uit (Amst., 2007); LINTHOUT and URBANUS, De avonturen van Urbanus. De laatste dagen van Urbanus (n.pl., 1995, orig. wr.).
- Occas. sl. frayed in lower margin; hinges sl. weakening. Spine-ends worn/ dam.; covers worn along extremities.
= Otten 4.1, backcover A54-IV.
Idem. De 7 kristallen bollen. N.pl., Casterman, 1948, (2),62p., col. ills. and orig. pict. boards by HERGÉ, 4to.
- Hinges weak; partly frayed in lower margin (occas. w. tears into image). Spine-ends sl. dam.; edges worn.
= Otten 3.1, backcover A54-IV.
- All wrs. w. various (sm.) defects, mostly in used but good condition.
= Series of renditions of famous literary works in the shape of comics. In total 214 issues were published. Including a few duplicates of which no.19 Huckleberry Finn also as an unnumbered presentation copy or gift copies to attract new subscriptions.
AND: K. DE KRIJGER and A. NOOIJ, Cumulatieve Nederlandse classics en classics-curiosa prijskatalogus (n.pl., 1999, 4th ed., orig. wr., 4to. A Dutch 'bibliographic' catalogue with price-list of the publications of the publisher Classics) and 2 modern Dutch adaptations "Klassiek geïllustreerd" by E. BINDERVOET and R.-J. HENKES.
- All fine. = Vol. 1 SIGNED in pen on title-page.
AND 4 others by/ on the same, all in orig. boards, i.a. Storm. Commandant Grek Gevangenen van de tijd. Special (1984).
= One of 24 DELUXE copies, numb. "HC", with loosely inserted SIGNED and numbered colour print by EVER MEULEN. With a small dedication to RUDY KOUSBROEK and 3 very small drawings on first free endpaper.
AND 2 others by the same and CD sleeve designed by the same.