1674 - 1698 VARIA. EROTICA, FASHION AND COSTUME, GASTRONOMY, JUDAICA etc.
- Without the supplemental 3rd vol. = Hayn/ Gotendorf IX, p.211.
(d'Hancarville, P.F.H.). Bilder aus dem Privatleben der Römischen Caesaren. N.pl., "Gedruckt für Heinrich Conrad und seine Freunde", n.d. (±1906), X,196p., frontisp., 50 plates, orig.(?) gilt calf, t.e.g., 4to.
- Joints and spine-ends sl. rubbed. = Hayn/ Gotendorf III, p.59ff. Conradt is the translator of the work.
AND 5 others, i.a. J. RODOLPHE, Mit den fünf Sinnen (...) Ein erotisches Bilderbuch (Hanau, 1968, ills., orig. cl.).
- Silver sealing bag unopened. Printed board box sl. dam.
- Lacks the 16 lithographs. = Gay/ Lemonnier II, p.299; Rose 1726; Ashbee III,p.298-303.
- Spine sl. rubbed.
= "Suck" special issue. Very explicitly illustrated and with the following text on the final page: "Final instructions: This is not a work of fiction or of one man. Keep your eye on it's bi-unity. I am smiling now. But if you don't think my story marvellous and you should happen to meet me, kindly pass as though we don't know each other. Moral: "At the moment of coitus all men are one man!"" The concept was conceived by the photographer Anna Beeke as an anti-pornographic statement. Her second husband Anthon Beeke did the layout. Parr/ Badger, Photobooks III, 84: "This charmingly liberated fairy story is gleefully hardcore - The point of the exercise, after all. The pornographic photography itself is timeless, that is to say standard and a little boring, but the factor that makes this a classic of 1970's counterculture literature and the legacy of 60s' 'flower power' - where sexual liberation was seen as the beginning of political liberation - is the inspired graphic design of Anthon Beeke. Exuberant, wacky and excessive (...)."
- Incl. 1 duplicate.
= Folies de Paris et de Hollywood (6x); Album Sélection de Pin-Up (2x); Paris-Hollywood en Couleurs (2x); Exciting Paris (1x).
= Facs. reprint in 2 vols. of the 3-vol. ed. Paris, 1928. Extensive, richly illustrated work on costume accessories.
- Prob. lacks title-p.; bookplate on upper pastedown; a few foxed spots. Covers w. a few rubbed spots.
= Colas 712. Comprises 7 Swedish/ Danish/ Norwegian, 3 Dutch and 10 German/ Austrian costume plates.
- Plates occas. sl. foxed; one plate w. closed tear; scattered stamps in lower blank margin of textp. Binding waterstained/ soiled.
= Lipperheide Zb15; Hiler p.486; Colas 1565.
AND 2 others, i.a. THE LADIES CABINET OF FASHION, MUSIC & ROMANCE. Vol. 2 (London, 1844, 35 engr. plates (incl. 21 handcol. engr. fashion plates), contemp. gilt hcalf. Most uncoloured steelengr. plates foxed/ dampstained; binding sl. worn/ rubbed).
- An old owner's stamp by "Bertram Schefmann & Co. Maastricht. Bontwerkerij - Textiel. Bereiden - Reinigen - Verven van Pelserijen" on frontcover, verso of introductory leaf and on one sample leaf. Gilding frontcover sl. fading.
= An interesting catalogue composed for the "Geschäftsfreunden" of Adolf Arnhold showing them the different colorings of fur. He states that they can create nearly every desired colour. in 1966 Adolf Arnhold KG Naunhof was incorporated in Brühlpelz.
= Münchener Bilderbogen. A fine copy.
- Upper joint sl. worn at foot of spine.
= With on htitle an AUTOGRAPH SIGNED DEDICATION to the editor of the Danish edition of Escoffier's Kogebog, "Otto Bock", accompanied by a small drawing of a flower in pen and ink, dated "Copenhagen 28 7bre 1923". Also signed by Otto Bock on flyleaf. Bitting 146. Rare. SEE ILLUSTRATION PLATE LVI.
- Top of spine stained.
AND 4 others in 5 vols., i.a. H.A. LENIGER, Handleiding voor de theebereiding (Buitenzorg, 1941/ 1951, 2 vols., (fold.) plates, orig. (not unif.) cl.) and A.F. SCHOOREL, Handleiding voor de theecultuur (n.pl., (1949), (fold.) plates, orig. cl.).
- Both vols. owner's/ presentation entries on first free endpaper. Both vols. traces of ticket on backwr.; frontwr. of vol. 2 repaired w. tape.
= American Jewish Archive, no. V.
- Yellowed; trifle foxed. Spine creased and ends dam.
= Scarce work on satanism by René Schwaeblé (1873-1938), alchemist, medical doctor and doctor of law, and writer of popular novels (i.a. crime fiction).
= The complete correspondence by Thomas Hobbes, consisting of 211 letters. The Clarendon Edition of the Works of Thomas Hobbes. Vol. VI and VII.
AND 1 other: M. VAN GELDEREN and Q. SKINNER, Republicanism. A Shared European Heritage (Cambr., 2002, 2 vols., orig. unif. boards w. dustwr. Fine).